Blogs > Jack McCaffery's blog

Jack McCaffery is the lead sports columnist for the Daily Times and delcotimes.com. He has spent several decades covering everything from the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers and Sixers, to college hoops, to high school sports in Delco.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

COLLINS, EMPHATICALLY: NO LINEUP CHANGES

The losing streak is at three, the potential for a winning season threatened, the Sixers hurting on the perimeter.

With three games left, including one Friday against the visiting Toronto Raptors, might Doug Collins consider a lineup shift?

That would be a negative.

“No,” Collins said Thursday, after practice at PCOM. “No, no, no, no, no, no, no. We were 3-and-13 and I didn’t change the lineup. A losing streak? We lost at Milwaukee. We lost at Boston. And we lost to the Knicks. To me, this is not a losing streak. I don’t look at it that way at all.

“There is absolutely no way I would change our starting lineup. Absolutely no way.”

All of which means Thaddeus Young will continue to spring from the bench, despite a spectacular effort in the Sixers' 97-92 loss to the Knicks Wednesday.

“I’m still kind of playing ‘starter’ minutes,” Young said. “It really doesn’t matter whether I come off the bench or if I am a starter. I am just going to go out there and do things I know how to do, try to stay positive about everything and just try to help my team win games.”

So it will be Friday, a starting lineup of Andre Iguodala, Elton Brand, Spencer Hawes, Jodie Meeks and Jrue Holiday.

Iguodala will start despite resting his sore right knee Thursday. Lou Williams (hamstring) remains unavailable, with the Sixers hoping to have him back for the playoffs which will begin next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home