Blogs > Jack McCaffery's blog

Jack McCaffery is the lead sports columnist for the Daily Times and delcotimes.com. He has spent several decades covering everything from the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers and Sixers, to college hoops, to high school sports in Delco.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Vick knows Reid is considering QB change

He has made his move on defense, replacing coordinator Juan Castillo with Todd Bowles.

So ... what's Andy Reid's big plan for his offense, which sputtered again Sunday in a 30-17 loss to the Atlanta Falcons at the Linc?

“Obviously,” Michael Vick said, “he is thinking about making a change at the quarterback position.”
 
Even during what has become weeks of soft commitments to his quarterback, Reid sounded less satisfied than ever Sunday with Vick.

“I'll go back and look at everything,” Reid said. “I'm not going to sit here and make decisions right now. I'm going to go back and look at it and analyze it.”

Vick completed 21 of 35 passes for 191 yards and a touchdown Sunday, didn't fumble and wasn't intercepted, was sacked three times and rushed for 42 yards on a dampening field. Yet when Reid wavered, suddenly there a question whether Vick or Nick Foles would start next Monday in New Orleans.

“Whatever decision the coach makes, I support it,” Vick said. “The thing I know is that I'm giving it everything I've got out there when I step on the field. Deep down, as long as I know I'm doing that and I'm giving it everything, then it's all I can ask out of myself. No more. No less.”
 
 
Check out my story on the quarterback situation and a column on whether this Eagles season can be salvaged in the Daily Times Monday and, as always, on delcotimes.com


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home