Blogs > Jack McCaffery's blog

Jack McCaffery is the lead sports columnist for the Daily Times and delcotimes.com. He has spent several decades covering everything from the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers and Sixers, to college hoops, to high school sports in Delco.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wayns has no regrets about attending Villanova

Despite howls of warnings for leaving Villanova after only three seasons, Maalik Wayns is about to make the 76ers, and was to fly with them Wednesday to Orlando for their preseason opener Thursday.

It worked out, then, after all --- the decision to go to Villanova, and the choice to leave.

“I say I didn't have a 'great' career,” Wayns said. “Because I went there with big expectations. I went there trying to bring a national championship to Villanova. And I didn't get that done.”

Still, he is happy that it worked out as it did.

“I have no regrets,” he said. “I have a lifetime relationship with Villanova. There were a lot of great things for me there. I played there and have no regrets. Next summer, I definitely will start back there and get my degree.”


Check out my story on Wayns, his Villanova experience, and some Sixers notes in the Daily Times Thursday and, as always, on delcotimes.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home