Blogs > Jack McCaffery's blog

Jack McCaffery is the lead sports columnist for the Daily Times and delcotimes.com. He has spent several decades covering everything from the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers and Sixers, to college hoops, to high school sports in Delco.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Another sign that Eagles are fine with their offense

For the second time in the offseason, the Eagles Thursday made one thing clear: They are fine, just fine, ideal actually, comfortable with, proud of and confident in their offense.

It's why they cut DeSean Jackson for no reason other than it was a quote-unquote football decision.

It's why they went for a defensive player --- linebacker Marcus Smith of Louisville --- in the first round of the draft.

With a chance to select Johnny Manziel at No. 22, they instead traded down to No. 26, swapping picks with Cleveland and hauling in a third-round pick in return.

Then they drafted Smith, a pass-rushing linebacker ... a reach, according to most draft-a-nistas. Yet ...

"I think with my ability, I can be a double-digit sack guy," Smith said. "Once I get into camp and get rolling, I think I can be a double-digit sack guy. I really do."

Maybe he can.

The Eagles believe they need it, what with their offense being fine just how it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home