Blogs > Jack McCaffery's blog

Jack McCaffery is the lead sports columnist for the Daily Times and delcotimes.com. He has spent several decades covering everything from the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers and Sixers, to college hoops, to high school sports in Delco.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Charlie, on Kendrick saying he wanted to stay in Friday game

Charlie Manuel pulled Kyle Kendrick in the sixth inning of the Phillies' 13-4 loss Friday to Kansas City. They were ahead, 4-2, at the time. The bullpen failed.

"I'm not knocking Charlie's decision at all," Kendrick said. "But I wanted to stay in the game."

A day later, this from the manager, after a distinct harrumph: "He can say what he wants to. I'll say to him what I want to. I won't say to you what I am going to tell him, though. Seriously, that's kind of how I look at it. I don't care what he says. Not really. But if I have something to say to him, I will definitely do that. You won't know it, though --- unless he tells you.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home