Blogs > Jack McCaffery's blog

Jack McCaffery is the lead sports columnist for the Daily Times and delcotimes.com. He has spent several decades covering everything from the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers and Sixers, to college hoops, to high school sports in Delco.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

HOLMGREN: 'BEST FLYERS TEAM IN MY TENURE'

Paul Holmgren made it clear before the Flyers played the Coyotes: His team is essentially complete.

For that, he is warning not to expect much, if anything, at the Feb. 28 trade deadline.


“I like our team,” the Flyers' G.M. said. “If something would come up that would make our team significantly better, we could do something. I don't know. More than anything, if we have a chance to add some depth, we might do that.”

The Flyers will be quiet at the deadline because they have been busy building a contender for years. Holmgren insists this is his best team yet.


“I my tenure, yes,” Holmgren said. “I don't think there is any question about that.”


Check out my column on delcotimes.com and in the Daily Times Wednesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home